Monday, December 24, 2012

Dash: Final Days

Today is Dash's last day with us.  We have had a lot of fun with him this year and cannot wait until he comes back next year. 

Dash has slid down the banister



This morning we woke to a scavenger hunt




I must say Lynden surprised me; he knew exactly where to look for every hint Dash left.  I thought the last two hints would stump him; "I wish I could have gone to preschool with Lynden" (Lynden's backpack) and "Look in some of your favourite hiding spots while playing hide and seek" (under Alyssa's crib) - Lynden got both at once. 

The final surprise?



Christmas pajamas!!

Lynden's looking forward to having Santa come tonight, even though it means Dash is going home.

 

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!!




12 comments:

  1. oh what a GREAT idea with the scavenger hunt!!! LOVE IT! I have to remember all your ideas next year.. i can't believe i was so lame and uncreative.. merry christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was something I wanted them to do - I didn't do a lot of what I wanted. Lynden was so excited and it's fun to make them work for a gift ;o)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful Idea!! this was my first Christmas with a little person I will be doing this in the future!

    Jay @ youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elf created all sorts of magic for my kids, which is what I was aiming for.

      Delete
  3. looks like fun at your place!!!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm Vickilicious from http://thegreekhousewife.blogspot.gr/ your newest follower all the way from Greece and the TGIF Blog Hop! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute... I wanted to get Elf on the shelf. My kids are teens but it would of been fun to see what his/hers adventure would have been. Im following you from the Blog hop YKIHAYH =)
    CHEERS!
    Happy New Years too,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Cindy. thank goodness for Pinterest or I would never have known about him either

      Delete
  6. I'm not a fan of the shelf-elf phenomenon, but your account of it has almost converted ne. *Almost.*

    ReplyDelete