Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cans For Comments Starts!!

Today is the first day of Cans for Comments.

For those of you who haven't been following along here's how it works.

I will be donating 1 can for every comment you leave between today and December 15th. I will also be donating $1 for every 5 new GFC followers (I am starting with 333 followers) 

There are 4 wonderfully amazing bloggers who have volunteered to co-host this with me:

Liz at Funny PostPartum Lady is donating 1 can for every comment and $1 for every GFC follower

Dawn at Dawn's Disaster is donating 10-cents for every comment and $1 for every 5 new GFC follower

Kera at Nugget on a Budget is donating 1 can for every 5 comments, 1 toy or article of clothing for every 20 comments, and $1 for every 5 followers via GFC, BlogLovin', Facebook, or Twitter (just let her know how you're following)

Shary at Shary Loves You is donating 1 can for every 5 comments

All donations will be made to local charities (food bank, toys for tots).  We will be hosting an additional link up on Friday December 21st (the day that world is "suppose" to end) with our donation posts. 

Now for the fun part, I am challenging ALL bloggers out there (yes, you!) to participate for 1 day.  You choose what donation you would like to make.  There will be a link up, so come back and link up for the day you would like to participate. 


Nugget On A Budget
Link up

19 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I'm hoping to find a day to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would LOVE to have you participate for a day. Make sure you link up if you do :o)

      Delete
  2. Amanda, it doesn't surprise me at all that you are participating in such a kind and thoughtful mission. I am happily leaving you a comment, as I love to do regardless. May all the thoughtfulness you put into the world be returned to you tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's the least I can do - we're not well off but we can afford to help those who can't afford it

      Delete
  4. Such a great idea ! I only wish i could do more to help this christmas season !

    Christina Sunday
    xXxhopefaithlovexXx@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea so much! Thanks to all of the wonderful people taking part in it! You all ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! Leave a can in lieu of my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS A WONDERFUL & VERY NOBLE THING TO DO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is jus awesome wut ur doing for the needey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Idea ^_^ Good Luck And Happy Holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ur amazing for doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! I hope my comment helps:) <3 Nicole from @ - www.heartbeatcompanies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete