Monday, October 24, 2011

Why?

We have entered a new stage of toddlerhood; the "Why?" stage. 

Thankfully Lynden hasn't discovered he can keep asking why to the answer to the previous why and so on (I think I may lose my mind when he does).  At the moment anything I say is responded to with "why?". 

We have to go to the store.  Why? Because we need food so we can eat.

It's dinner time.  Why?  Because we need to eat dinner.

You need to have a bath?  Why?  Because your dirty.

Stop throwing toys.  Why?  Because we don't throw things.

It's quiet time.  Why?  Because mommy needs quiet time.

Stay here, mommy needs to go downstairs.  Why?  Because I need to do laundry.

Stay out of the kitchen when I'm sweeping.  Why?  Because you walk through my dust pile.

You need to clean up your toys.  Why?  Because I said so, that's why!

Oh the joys of having a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment