Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pig Tails!

I didn't play with dolls, I didn't play dress up much as a kid, but there's something about putting Alyssa in pretty clothes that makes me smile.  I've been totally jealous of a few babies because their moms have been able to put their daughter's hair in pig tails. 

This past weekend I was playing with Alyssa's hair, as I do a lot, and thought "maybe there's enough hair to do pig tails".  We bought some hair ties from the dollar store (no, I did not pre-own any.  And why do the dollar store sell them in packs of 100 or 300?!?!?  I understand they get lost but I do not want 300 hair ties in my bathroom drawer) and when I got home I did her hair. 

It didn't go over so well at first




But I managed to get them in.  Here's a shot of the back of her head.  I need to practice getting them even, but to be fair she squirmed through most of it.



Then we got her to smile after cuddles and bouncing her on my lap.




I love this one


looking sneaky

Then she decided she didn't want them in anymore and pulled them out



I am super thrilled to see her in pig tails.  She just looks so cute!!

2 comments:

  1. Awe. That is so cute. My daughter, Now 26, never had enough hair for me to play with either. So pigtails for never an option. Now her daughter, my grandbaby, is 3 and has long beautiful hair. I played with it when she visited me last week, and we did pig tails also. There's just something about a little girl in pigtails.......and the packs of 100? Hey, I had a drawer full of them when I didn't need them. Now that my hair is long enough for a pony tail, I only have ONE. And i guard it with my life! LOL....anyways....sweet post and pics. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love her pigtails! Bless her little face in those first pictures, she is so cute huni thank you for linking up with Joshua's Photo Party x x

    ReplyDelete