Thursday, September 15, 2011

Prediction Update

Back in June I predicted Alyssa would be crawling by the end of August, which came and went with no real signs of crawling.  She would get up on her hands and knees and rock.  She would move her hands, slightly, and maybe one leg but she would decide to flop back onto her belly and inch around. 

During the first week of September she actually took her first crawling "step" but she didn't seem to like it much and went back to inching again.  I decided after that she probably wasn't going to crawl since she's quite efficient at getting around without it.  I was further cemented in my thought when she started pulling herself up by using a stool (she is determined to stand but she's got these Adorable chubby thighs and skinny ankles, making it hard for her to stand for long).

On Sunday, at my Nana's 99th Birthday Party, Alyssa was sitting on the grass and decided she wanted to move around.  She flopped onto her belly, got up onto her hands and knees and instead of rocking she crawled, actually crawled.  She made it from the steps to where I was sitting, like she had been crawling for weeks.   

Since then she's been crawling pretty much everywhere.  Occasionally she decides to pull herself along the floor but crawls 90% of the time. 

I was 11 days off of my prediction but just shy of 8 months Alyssa is crawling.  Guess I'll have to wait and see how long until she figures out walking.

(Photos were taken by my cousin Shelly at the party)

up and thinking abour it

She's got it

look at that smile

loves being mobile

I'm going to go......

...now...

No comments:

Post a Comment