Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good Gracious Me, You're Turning 3!

Lynden,

You are days away from turning 3 and I cannot believe it.  It doesn't seem that long ago I was pregnant with you, feeling you roll around in my belly.  I can still see your face the moment I saw you and the look in your daddy's eyes when he told me you were a boy.  Your daddy and I spent the first 3 days just watching you.  We were in awe then and we still are today. 

In the past 3 years you have learned SO much.  You've gone from a baby who could do nothing for yourself to an amazing boy who is trying to do everything yourself.  It's amazing to watch you trying to figure things out on your own. 

Every year around your birthday I think of where you were the year before (for you it seems like an eternity but for me it goes by in a blink of an eye).  In just these last 12 months you've gone from a 'toddler' to a little 'big boy'.  You are able to do so much on your own (open doors, peddle your tractor, wash yourself in the bath), your vocabulary and speech skill have almost doubled (you have gone from using key words to say what you want in full sentences), your imagination has blossomed (it's not uncommon to find you playing with toys and having a purpose), your memory is phenomenal (it's been 9 months and you still tells me papa clause comes down the chimney and eats the cookies.  You also recognize places we've been since moving here less than 2 months ago), you truly know what you want (when it comes to toys, food, drink), you're becoming more social (it takes you a few minutes to warm up to a situation instead of an hour), and so much more. 

While thinking back on where you were a year ago I also think about where you'll be in a year.  All the skills you've learned will be that much better.  I also think about how you'll be in preschool, be fully potty trained (hopefully), be involved in activities, and continue to develop your personality. 

I am so proud of you and everything you have learned... well, most of it.  Every day you are becoming more independent and that much more intelligent.  Your sense of humour is wonderful - I adore how you react to something you've said that's funny.  You are so loving (to everyone, especially your sister), sweet, handsome, funny, thoughtful, and all around amazing.  We have been through a lot this last year and you have adapted better than I could have imagined.  You really are the best boy in the world!

I cannot wait to see what you learn over the next year (I'd REALLY appreciate full potty training).  I know it will exceed any expectations I have. 

I love you so much. 

Happy Birthday!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment