Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Snuggles & Cuddles

When Lynden was younger my friend Ellen kept telling me how lucky I was that we had a cuddly baby.  Her daughter, who is a month younger than Lynden, was not a cuddler.  Lynden, on the other hand, was Super cuddly.  He loved hugs, kisses, and snuggles; he still does.  It's not uncommon for him to suddenly stop playing because he wants to "cuwwle".  It's one of my favourite things - snuggling with my son.

Alyssa does not cuddle.  She's too busy trying to go, see, grab, flip, and/or eat to cuddle.  Danny and I were talking about it last night, how she's never really snuggled.  One of Danny's favourite things is napping with Lynden (I don't get it).  He's never napped with Alyssa and he doesn't think he ever will, not because he doesn't want to but because he thinks she won't - she's too busy.

The only moment, and it lasts a moment, where she'll snuggle is when she's tired.  She's lay her head down on my shoulder and wrap her hand around my arm - but this only happens as I'm walking her to her crib when I know she's tired.

Even when she wakes up she's more excited to be able to get down and move around to fill my cuddle need.  Sometimes she even psychs me out by demanding to be picked up; I think "she wants to cuddle" only to pick her up so she can attempt backflips out of my arms.

I miss my baby cuddle time.  Thankfully Lynden has enough cuddles for both of them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment