Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mommy & Baby Exercises

With both pregnancies I gained 40-50lbs and it was 90% belly weight, so there's still some left over "baby flub".  With Lynden I would occasionally do these exercises with him - with him born in the Okanagan in the early fall we didn't do much walking around until the spring.  I've started doing them again with Alyssa (although Lynden insists I do them with him too when I'm done) and I thought I'd share them. 

The first one I do is I lie on my back with my legs in the air and bend my knees.  Alyssa lies on her tummy on my shins with her head resting on my knees and holding my hands.  I move my knees towards me, while keeping my shins straight, and then away.  Almost like a sit up but I don't lift my head.  It's a great exercise for the abs, and Alyssa smiles every time she moves towards me. 

The next one is while lying on the ground I hold Alyssa under her arm pits and lift her up, hold for 5 seconds and then down to give her a kiss.  Like a push up but while lying down but with a much cuter view than the ground.

I then go back to the first exercise, but instead of bringing to towards me I keep my thighs still and move my legs up and down.  It's harder than it sounds. 

By now Lynden is bugging me non-stop so I do it all again with him, although I can't do as many reps with him as I do with Alyssa - he's heavier and moves too much.  And if I can get Lynden to sit still long enough I try to get in some sit ups, but he's usually bored of it by then. 

I would have posted pictures of me doing these but Danny took some awful pictures (sorry hun) so no such luck.

I'm hoping that if I can remember to do it on a regular basis (my hope is once in the morning and then again after dinner) I can lose a bit more of the "baby flub" and maybe truly fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans without having to suck it in every time I pull them up ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment