Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pinteresting Recipes - Part 3

Sorry I took last week off - I seem to take a late week off each month.  But, I'm back... sort of...

Starting Thursday I have some wonderful bloggers filling in for me while we enjoy some vacation time - I can't wait for you to "meet" them! 

Until then it's time for another batch of reviews of Pinterest recipes.


Pinned ImageSpaghetti Pepperoni Pie

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this recipe but it wasn't too bad.  I used garlic sausage instead, because I had some left over from perogies earlier in the week, and it was nice.  I think next time I'm going to add some veggies to it and make it a true 1 pot dish.  I should point out Alyssa loved it!  It was nice to have a new way to eat spaghetti. 


Apple Fritters
Pinned Image
I have been pretty lucky so far, everything I've tried has been edible.  It was bound something was not going to succeed and these were them.  The recipe makes it sound so easy and they were easy to prepare - the only thing I found (and maybe it should have been my clue) was 1 cup of apple was too much for the amount of dough so I quickly made another batch of dough to reduce the amount of apple.  When it came to frying them it was a complete flop!  I went through 3/4 of the dough before I decided there was no way to make them without burning them to the point of no return and even still the dough inside would be raw. 
I was disappointed, I was looking forward to home made apple fritters.  I guess I'll stick to getting them from Tim Hortons.





Pinned ImageChicken Crescent Roll Casserole

Pretty good.  I wasn't feeling great when I made it so I only had a few bites but Danny liked it. He took it for lunch the next day and said it was awesome!!  The crescent rolls didn't get soggy and he wanted to share his lunch with everyone, it was that good.  He said it was definitely a keeper.  Next time I'll have to actually eat it I guess.  (He talked about it for 3 days)



I made this on a Sunday morning so Danny and I could have lunch for the day and my mom could have an easy dinner for the kids that night.  It was easy to make and was pretty good; next time I'm going to add some bacon to make it even better.  I made it into 2 smaller casseroles, which was enough for both our lunches and the kids' dinner.  The second one Danny and I ate the following day for lunch, which worked out perfectly.  If you're looking for a good and easy pasta dish give this a try, just add some bacon.





Pinned ImageRoasted Greek Potatoes

Made these as a side to Caramelized Chicken one night and they were good.  I think either I added too much lemon or not enough seasoning (or possibly both).  Danny was happy with them and has asked me to make them again, which I will.


Pinned Image
Honey Lime Chicken

This was on my "to make" list for a few weeks.  I even bought the ingredients twice because I just didn't get around to it the first time.  I liked it.  The lime and honey combination was nice.  I used it on chicken legs instead of breast and did not marinade it long enough but it was still flavourful.  Next time I'm going to marinade it over night and have the meat soak up all the flavour.



Pinned ImageRaspberry Breakfast Bars
Ok, at first I wasn't thrilled with them.  The recipe says to make them in a 9x13, but I recommend making them in a 9x9 pan instead, which is what I plan to do for round 2.  However, after they sat in the fridge for a few hours they greatly improved and were a huge hit with Danny.


Pinned Image
Raspberry Mojito

Danny decided he wanted to see what the big deal about mojitos were (I love them!) so we pulled up this handy recipe from Pinterest.  I was not impressed, but I don't think it was the recipe, more the inexperienced makers.  It was too much club soda and not enough mint flavour (we also didn't have a muddler so we used the back of a spoon), but that didn't stop me from drinking it.  I think this is one we're just going to have to keep tweaking until we get it right. 



15 comments:

  1. The potatoes and the breakfast bars look amazing! New follower from the ILMOF hop, would love the follow back!

    <3Hima
    My Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bars were good, I'm hoping to make another batch before berry season ends

      Delete
  2. Ok now I'm really hungry!!! Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, those potatoes and mojitos look particularly yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those raspberry mojitos look awesome! I'm your newest follower from The Things We Find Inside. I'd love to have you stop by my blog.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still working on them.
      (I was already a happy follower)

      Delete
  5. You had me at Apple Fritter... <3

    I found you on TTWFI blog hop and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee! It was sad they didn't turn out but I'm glad I tried

      Delete
  6. my mouth is watering at all of this goodness!

    come by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you could press "try" and have it delivered to you hey?
      Happily following back :o)

      Delete
  7. These recipes look fantastic. I like reading recipe reviews so this post that you did is something I appreciate. Thank you for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Make sure you check out the first 2 review posts

      Delete