Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bucket List Update!

So, we get to the Bug Zoo and we're wandering around and BAM!  There's a tarantula

And I QUICKLY walk away from it. 

Eventually I'm able to walk by and check it out.  We're trying to figure out what's going on in this case - is there a dead one in there?  What's going on??

Then my step dad starts to giggle and says look at the sign above it


 A BIRDEATER????????  I'm NOT holding this thing!  No way in hell! 

Our tour eventually makes its way over to Pinky the Bird Eater.  Turns out she's not a bird eater in the sense the name gives off.  If a small bird (ie. hummingbird) is on the ground she'll eat it.  Also turns out Pinky has just outgrown her skin and has shed it, making her Very sensitive.  She barely moves and won't eat for about 2 weeks.  We're not allowed to hold her.... PHEW

We wander around some more, learning about bugs.  And we come to Spider Corner.  I can't do it, I just can't.  So, Barb says "if I do it will you do it?"  and I say "ok"

Barb holding it

They make you open your eyes



Shoot!  Barb did I, so I do too...



There!  I did it! 

I won't be doing it again

Have you done anything on your Bucket List yet?  Tell me about it

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have a few more years on you to be working on my bucket list but of the ones we seem to have in common, I can tell you...I have gone skydiving and absolutely loved it! Plus, I used to have a pet Tarantula and held her often. Her name was Columbia. And I will be learning to Scuba dive this year too, finally!I've been waiting a long time for this one too, as you know and Danny will be teaching us both. Should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete